The Churches of Kemsing and Woodlands are looking to employee a Children’s and Families Worker to provide activities that engage with those families and children attending Church and also those who live across the local community.
We are seeking to appoint a self-motivated team player with previous experience of working with children and families in this exciting new role in a growing Church setting.
18 hours per week (Sunday morning and two days and two evenings; flexible)
Salary: £10,530.00 per annum (Full-time equivalent: £20,475.00 – working a 35-hour week)
We are looking for an experienced leader who will:
• Create an environment where children feel welcomed, valued and safe
• Encourage children in their journey of faith, knowledge of the Bible and relationship with Jesus.
• Promote the importance of children's and families' work to the congregation.
• Participate fully in the worshipping life of the Churches.
• Consolidate and extend the present children and families work, and develop new projects that grow our links with children and families.
Previous experience of working with children and families is essential.
As well as caring for and relating well to children and families, the person appointed must be capable of working closely with a varied staff team and volunteers.
There is an occupational requirement that the post-holder be a committed Christian under the terms of Schedule 9 to the Equality Act 2010.
This post involves ‘regulated activity’ and is subject to a DBS Enhanced Disclosure plus Barred List check.
For more information and an application pack please contact Mike Lodge
Closing date for applications: Friday 24 February 2023
Interviews will take place on Monday 20 March 2023