The care and protection of children, young people and adults involved in Church activities is the responsibility of everyone who participates in the life of the Church.
- Promoting a safer environment and culture
- Safely recruiting and supporting all those with any responsibility related to children and vulnerable adults
- Responding promptly to every safeguarding concern or allegation
- Caring pastorally for victims/survivors of abuse or other affected persons
- Caring pastorally for those who are the subject of concern/allegations of abuse and other affected persons
- Responding to those that may pose a present risk
If you are concerned that someone you know is at risk of, or is being abused or presents a risk to others, please seek advice from a Safeguarding Adviser or if necessary report the matter to the Local Authority Social Care Service or the Police without delay.
We have adopted the Safeguarding Policy provided for us by the Church of England, to ensure best practice in this area.
To contact Bex, our Parish Safeguarding Officer please follow this link: https://www.kemsingandwoodlands.org/contact/safeguarding